Neurologists specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the nervous system. This includes the brain and spinal cord, peripheral nerves that supply the arms and legs, cranial nerves and the muscles of the body.
You may be referred to a neurologist if you have chronic headaches, weakness, numbness, dizziness or incoordination. You would also see a neurologist if you have had a stroke or seizures, or if you show signs of multiple sclerosis or Parkinson’s disease. For some conditions, you may see our neuro-ophthalmologist (a subspecialty of both neurology and ophthalmology).
Neurologists can offer help for:
- Alzheimer's disease or dementia
- Carpal tunnel
- Headaches or migraines
- Epilepsy or movement disorders
- Sleep disorders
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Peripheral neuropathy
Seeing an Everett Clinic neurologist for the first time? Make the best use of your visit.
If you have a primary care provider not from The Everett Clinic, be sure to bring:
- a referral from your doctor (primary care provider or another specialist)
- recent medical records (medical history, scan reports, electromyography/EMG reports)
For an appointment in Everett, call 425-339-5408, and in Smokey Point, call 360-454-1908.