More than 90 Years of Excellence at The Everett Clinic:
Doing What is Right for Each Patient
In 1924, four private practice physicians joined together to combine their knowledge and resources to benefit their patients. These founding fathers of The Everett Clinic were innovators, acting creatively to improve patient care. Everett was in the midst of a post-World War I boom. Jobs were plentiful and lumber was king. When mill workers prospered the community and its physicians also thrived.
The new clinic survived the Great Depression due to foresight in contracting with local mills to cover workers’ medical care.
Today, we see this spirit of innovation and continuous improvement is still very much a part of our culture at The Everett Clinic. We are working to improve quality and make healthcare more affordable. Our priority is to do what is right for each patient. Our focus on prevention—disease management, standardized work and seeing patients when they want to be seen—all combine to improve patient care while also reducing cost.
Providing value—service, quality and cost—allows us to operate profitably, recruit the best possible talent and successfully compete, all while providing high quality healthcare. This model of value-added care, incorporated into every aspect of our business, has put The Everett Clinic on the map as one of the most innovative and high quality healthcare providers in the country.
Together, we make lives better through health and healing.
1910 Dr. Samuel Caldbick, a surgeon, established his Everett practice
1924 The Everett Clinic founded by four physicians Dr. Samuel Caldbick, Dr. Harry Secoy, Dr. Arthur Gunderson and Dr. Leo Trask
1963 Founders Building opened, Everett
1977 25 physicians
1981 Marysville Clinic opened
1985 Harbour Pointe Clinic opened
1987 Lake Stevens Clinic opened
1989 First Walk-In Clinic opened, Everett
1993 Snohomish Clinic opened
1994 Silver Lake Clinic opened
1995 The Everett Clinic Foundation formed; 130 providers
1996 Stanwood Clinic opened
1997 Gunderson Building and Kemp Surgery Center opened, Everett
1998 The Everett Clinic bans pharmaceutical companies from physicians’ offices, one of the first medical groups in the United States to do so
2000 The Everett Clinic recognized as a state best place to work; 175 providers; $500,000 donated to nonprofits
2001 Trask Surgery Center opened, Everett
2006 Mill Creek Clinic opened; Providence Regional Cancer Partnership opened, Everett
2007 Electronic medical records replaced paper charts
2011 The Everett Clinic recognized as a national best place to work; 250 providers; $3.5 million donated to nonprofits
2012 Smokey Point Medical Center opened; The Everett Clinic featured on the PBS documentary "U.S. Health Care: The Good News"
2013 The Everett Clinic recognized as the fifth largest private employer in Snohomish County; 500 providers and 2,000 staff caring for 300,000 patients