The Everett Clinic Ophthalmology department offers advanced eye care for patients who suffer from conditions involving the cornea. The cornea is the clear window of the eye composed of five layers that work to maintain the cornea’s transparency, shape and thickness to allow it to properly focus light as it enters the eye.
Our cornea specialists have extensive training, which includes a fellowship focused on the management of corneal diseases, cornea surgery and advanced laser surgery procedures such as LASIK.
Disorders of the cornea Include:
- Cornea scars
- Cornea infections or ulcer
- Fuchs’ endothelial dystrophy
- Pseudophakic bullous keratopathy
- Anterior basement membrane dystrophy
- Dry eye syndrome
- Pterygium and pingueculum