Before Your Visit
Please take the time to complete the Allergy Questionnaire in its entirety. Also, you will need to be off of any antihistamines, cold/cough/flu medications, and certain stomach medications 72 hours prior to your visit (antihistamines interfere with the skin testing). If you are unable to come off of antihistamines prior to your visit, please let our reception staff know so that they may schedule you appropriately. Since the initial visit usually takes up to two hours, please arrange childcare for your young children.
During Your Visit
Your first visit will consist of a complete physical examination with an emphasis on the respiratory tract and skin.
A comprehensive evaluation includes:
- A history of your current problem
- Previous treatments and complications
- Medical history
- Family History
- Environmental history at work, home, and school to help identify potential allergens
Additional testing may be done including:
- Skin tests for environmental allergens, foods, and/or drugs, depending on your history and examination
- Imaging studies such as CT scans of the sinuses, chest x-rays
- Blood testing as needed
End of Your Visit
Your Allergist will suggest a diagnosis and treatment plan. Typically, follow-up visits are arranged to ensure that the treatment plan is working as well as expected. We have a comprehensive team at The Everett Clinic. Referrals may be made, depending on your problem to Ear, Nose, Throat , Audiology, Dermatology or Gastroenterology.