The Pillar Procedure is an effective first-line treatment for sleep apnea and snoring:
- Less invasive and less painful than other surgical procedures
- Completed in a single, short office visit
- FDA-cleared and clinically proven
One year clinical studies show:
- Sleep apnea was reduced in nearly 80% of patients
- Bed partners of those with disruptive snoring had satisfaction as high as 90%.
- Patients experienced less daytime sleepiness
How does it work?
During the Pillar Procedure, three tiny woven inserts are placed in the soft palate to add structural support. This helps prevent the palate from obstructing the airway and helps reduce the vibration that causes snoring.
What Are They Made Of?
Pillar inserts are made of material used in implantable medical devices for more than 50 years. They are designed to be invisible and should not be felt or interfere with swallowing or speech. Many patients resume normal diet and activities the same day.
Are pillar implants right for you?
Success with the Pillar Procedure can be influenced by tongue position, tonsil size, body mass and other factors. Our physicians can give you more information to help you determine whether the Pillar Procedure is right for you