Flu shots are now available at all primary care locations. Adult Flu Mist is available in Marysville and Mill Creek.
Visit any primary care location between the hours of 8 am - 12 pm and 1 - 5 pm. No appointment is necessary.
Recommendations are for everyone ages 6 months and older to get vaccinated. Frequent hand-washing, covering coughs and staying home if ill also help prevent the spread of flu.
- A yearly flu vaccine is the first and most important step in protecting against flu viruses.
- Flu shots are recommended for everyone 6 months and older.
- Children younger than 6 months are at high risk of serious flu illness, but are too young to be vaccinated. People who care for them should be vaccinated instead.
- Vaccination of high risk persons is especially important to decrease their risk of severe flu illness.
- People at high risk of serious flu complications include young children, pregnant women, people with chronic health conditions like asthma, diabetes or heart and lung disease and people 65 years and older.
- While there are many different flu viruses, the flu vaccine protects against the three viruses that research suggests will be most common.
- The 2015-2016 vaccine will protect against an influenza A H3N2 virus, two influenza B viruses and the H1N1 virus that emerged in 2009 to cause a pandemic.
- FluMist is an option for healthy individuals age 2 through 49 years who do not have a history of allergies to eggs, asthma, cystic fibrosis, wheezing in the past 12 months, or are immunosuppressed.