We believe the best way to be healthy is to stay healthy. Medicare Advantage plans help you and your provider work together to improve and sustain your health and well-being. More than 26,000 Everett Clinic patients benefit from Medicare Advantage plans.
Part C of Medicare combines the benefits from parts A, B, and D in one plan and is offered as an alternative to Original Medicare. Medicare Advantage plans can include vision, hearing and dental benefits, and other health and wellness programs. Coverage is more comprehensive than Original Medicare.
Medicare Advantage plans cover everything Original Medicare covers and generally offers extra benefits. Prescription drug (Part D) coverage is also included with most Medicare Advantage plans, providing convenience of one bundled product. Several plans choose to offer coverage above and beyond what Medicare requires to provide patients with access to wellness and preventive care needs. Some even include routine vision, hearing and dental coverage which Original Medicare generally does not cover. Also, with Medicare Advantage, you will not need Medigap (Supplemental) coverage.
When should you enroll?
When you are first eligible for Medicare Parts A and B or during the yearly enrollment period from October 15th - December 7th.
How do I know if I’m eligible?
You can generally join a Medicare Advantage or Part C plan if all of these apply:
- You live in the service area of the plan you want to join. The plan can give you more information about its service area. If you live in another state for part of the year, check to see if the plan will cover you there.
- You have Medicare Part A and Part B.
- You don't have End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD).
What does Medicare Advantage (Part C) cover?
Medicare Advantage Plans must cover all of the services that Original Medicare covers. Medicare Advantage Plans may offer extra coverage, like vision, hearing, dental, and/or health and wellness programs. Most include Medicare prescription drug coverage (Part D).
Types of Medicare Advantage Plans?
The Clinic is contracted with these Medicare Advantage Plans:
- Group Health Cooperative HMO, 1-800-446-8882 (Not available in King County)
- Humana Gold Plus® HMO, 1-800-781-4203
- Humana Gold Plus® SNP-DE, 1-800-781-4203 (King County only)
- Premera Blue Cross HMO, 1-888-868-7767
- Regence HMO and PPO, 1-844-734-3623
- UnitedHealthcare® AARP Medicare Complete HMO, 1-800-547-5514
- UnitedHealthcare® Dual Complete™ (HMO SNP), 1-888-834-3721
- UnitedHealthcare® Nursing Home Plan, 1-800-727-5142
This is not a complete listing of plans available in your service area. For a complete listing please contact 1-800-MEDICARE (TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048), 24 hours a day/7 day a week or consult www.medicare.gov
Due to federal government restrictions, The Everett Clinic is cannot answer questions about specific plans or to make plan recommendations. Please refer to our recommended resources for several independent insurance agencies that work with Medicare patients throughout the state.