Avoid the Winter Blues
It’s that time of year. Darker and often wetter days, especially in the Pacific Northwest, lead to seasonal mood swings. Here’s how to cope:
- Stay Active. Keep moving. Exercise helps all.
- Get Outside. Step into the daylight, breathe in the fresh air. You can feel confined to your space during the winter.
- Avoid alcohol & Don’t overindulge. When you indulge it can be harder to check in with your internal self. Make time for the important things like being together and enjoying the moment.
- Be present. Try to notice 5 new things each day and say them aloud to yourself.
- Turn on the lights. Dr. Paul is right, we need the extra light.
About This Blog
Ready to take charge of your health? Join the conversation with our team of wellness experts. Get tips on prevention, exercise and strategies for a healthier you!