Fiesta Chicken Tacos
Try these simple chicken tacos that taste like delicious comfort food, but have few calories and are low in fat.
Total Time: 18 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 8 min.
Yield: 4 servings, 2 tacos each
- 1 tsp. olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 lb. chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. cumin
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 8 (6-inch) corn or flour tortillas, warm
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, or your favorite fresh herb
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and chicken. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3-5 minutes, or until onion is translucent and chicken is done.
- Add garlic and cumin; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until well blended.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Top tortillas evenly with chicken mixture; garnish with cilantro. Have avocado or green onions? Slice them up and includes them for an extra tasty bite.
Dr. Cherita Raines is a certified Zumba instructor. Join her weekly class as she shares fun ways to get active! Dr. Raines became a Zumba instructor because she believes in practicing what she preaches. Doing something we enjoy and making fitness an integral part of our daily routine leads to happier, healthier lives. Join her class.
DISCLAIMER: The contents and opinions expressed by Everett Clinic teammates and providers on “A Healthier You” blog and those providing comments are theirs alone and are not a substitute for medical advice. Consult your own provider for personal health recommendations
About This Blog
Ready to take charge of your health? Join the conversation with our team of wellness experts. Get tips on prevention, exercise and strategies for a healthier you!