"Every moment is a new moment to start again." – Dr. Cheryl Beighle
Dr. Beighle shares weight loss tips with Herald Health writer Andrea Brown in a recent Herald article. The Clinic’s TEC Weight Loss for Life wellness program, designed to create healthy relationships with food and exercise, runs quarterly. The class addresses topics such as: portion control, healthy recipes and medical hypnosis. It is led by Dr. Beighle and includes sessions on exercise and strength building with Jenna Lisenby, a doctor of physical therapy.
It will help you:
- Become aware of the associations of feelings and food
- Learn mindfulness as a stress-reduction technique to use while eating
- Learn hypnosis to develop a healthy relationship with food Understand portion control and how to track calories
- Dispel exercise and fitness myths and establish a baseline exercise program
According to recent TEC Weight Loss for Life graduates, results of this class included:
- Noticing slow but steady weight loss
- Losing weight with less effort and stress
- Getting normal blood test, blood sugar, or cholesterol results
- Being able to put pants on loose straight out of the dryer!
The class will be offered Tuesday evenings 5:30-7 pm, Jan. 13 through Feb. 24 in Everett. Cost: $150. Register for the class online.
Read the 10 sensible tips in The Herald.