Everett Clinic pediatrician Dr. Wendy Sue Swanson, author of Mama Doc Medicine: Finding Calm and Confidence in Parenting, Child Health and Work-Life Balance published by the American Academy of Pediatrics, shared her top five parenting tips with KING5’s Evening Magazine.
Five things to do and feel really good about as a parent, as shared by Dr. Wendy Sue Swanson on KING5's Evening Magazine:
- Use a car seat well. Use a rear-facing car seat until your baby is over two years old.
- Get children vaccinated – on time.
- Feed kids fresh food – make half of everything you feed your child fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Go outside. Get kids outside moving their body and playing every single day. Be without a ceiling.
- Value sleep. No TV in the bedroom and limit screen time before bedtime.
Read about the book in Seattle’s Child, “Mama Doc on Your BookShelf”.