We are extremely connected to our internet and mobile devices which is very disruptive to our sleep habits. Ms. Schwittay says sleep hygiene is one of the most important things we can practice.
- Give yourself 1 hour of unplugged rest and relaxation before bedtime.
- Set up a routine. Wake up and go to bed at specific times regardless if you have things to do.
- Avoid stimulants. Do not consume alcohol or caffeine 1-2 hours before resting.
- Get comfortable. Have a comfortable mattress and pillows.
- Stay cool. Make sure your room is a nice cool temperature.