Philips Respironics recall
Here's what you need to know about this important recall.
If you use a Philips sleep and respiratory care device, please read the following.
In 2021, Philips voluntarily recalled several types of devices:
- Continuous airway pressure (CPAP)
- Bi-Level positive airway pressure (BiPAP)
- Mechanical ventilator devices
A recall lets customers know about a possible problem or safety concern with a product. Recalls are done to protect you. A voluntary recall means that the company recalled the product, not a government agency.
What you need to do
There are a few steps you need to take. Please do them in this order:
- Check this list to see if your machine is being recalled.
- If it is, register it now to be repaired or replaced. Watch the “how to register your device” video first to learn how to do this.
- Call your medical equipment supplier to learn about replacement options.
- If you have questions about the machine you’re using now, call the sleep medicine team at 1-425-339-5410.
Once you’ve completed these steps, you don’t need to do anything else.
This is a huge recall. Because of this and product delays due to COVID-19, it may take three to four months before you can get another PAP machine.
We know learning that your machine has been recalled can be upsetting. Philips and your medical supplier are working hard to fix this. We appreciate your patience during this time.
This information is for general purposes only. It’s not meant to be medical advice or to replace professional health care. Please talk with an appropriate health care professional about your specific needs.