COVID-19 vaccine (shot)
January 8, 2021
Thank you for your interest in the vaccine.
We’re working closely with the Washington State Department of Health to:
- Get the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccine shipments
- Prioritize distribution (figure out in what order people will get the vaccine) according to their guidelines
For the first phase of vaccine distribution, we’re offering COVID-19 vaccines for people in phase 1A who have been given a voucher by their employer or local health jurisdiction to get the vaccine from The Everett Clinic, part of Optum. Those people will include:
- First responders
- Health care workers
If you get a voucher for getting a vaccine at The Everett Clinic, you’ll also get a password that’s required to schedule a vaccine appointment.
The vaccine will also be given to nursing home residents.
Vaccine prioritization is essential for phase 1a vaccines because of limited doses available at this point.
Health care workers and first responders are a top priority due to:
- Their exposure risk (chances they will come into contact with COVID-19)
- Their critical role in keeping hospitals and clinics open and available for our communities
In the coming weeks and months, we’ll work closely with the state on:
- A vaccine shipment schedule
- An appropriate prioritization schedule to vaccinate (give shots to) staff, providers and patients