The endocrine glands involve hormones or chemicals in the body that help it work. Our endocrinologists can help you with diabetes and other medical problems of the endocrine glands. We have endocrinologists at our Everett and Smokey Point locations.
We can help you with:
- Diabetes (learn about it and how to control it)
- Thyroid problems
- Hormonal and metabolic disorders
- Pituitary and adrenal gland problems
If you have thyroid nodules or thyroid cancer, we'll create a personalized plan to make sure you get the best care.
Our care plans include:
- Ultrasound of the thyroid and ultrasound-guided biopsy, or when a small piece of tissue is taken from the body to study
- State-of-the-art molecular diagnostics for thyroid biopsy samples
- Radioactive iodine treatment with a doctor specially trained to help with thyroid cancer
- An appointment with an expert thyroid surgeon when needed
- Long-term care for all types of thyroid cancer
Care for people with diabetes
Diabetes is a disease in which your blood glucose (blood sugar) levels are too high. Having too much glucose in your blood can cause serious problems, such as problems with kidneys, nerves, feet and eyes.
If you have diabetes, you're also more likely to have problems with heart disease and stroke.OR
- With Type 1 diabetes, your body does not make insulin. Insulin is a hormone that helps the glucose (which comes from the food you eat) get into your cells to give them energy.
- Type 2 diabetes is the more common type of diabetes. Your body does not make or use insulin well. Without enough insulin, the glucose stays in your blood.
- Prediabetes means your blood sugar is higher than normal, but not high enough to be called diabetes. Having prediabetes means your chances for getting type 2 diabetes go up.
We suggest a one-on-one appointment if you've been taking multiple daily injections (shots) of insulin for a while or if you have an insulin pump.
Please call us at 1-425-339-5431 to set up an appointment with one of our dietitian diabetes educators. A dietician is an expert on healthy eating. Appointments are located in the endocrinology department of the Founder’s Building at the main Everett campus.OR
Call 1-425-595-3822 for more information.
Living with Diabetes is a two-part series of diabetes self-management education classes. You’re welcome to bring a support person to your class at no extra charge.
Living with Diabetes, class one
- What is diabetes?
- How do you know if you have diabetes?
- Controlling and managing diabetes
- Blood sugar management
- Nutrition (healthy eating): carbohydrates, label reading, artificial sweeteners and alcohol
Living with Diabetes, class two
- Nutrition: fats and sodium
- Exercise or physical movement
- Possible sudden problems
- Possible long-term problems
- ABC's: A1C, blood pressure and cholesterol
- Goal setting
The Taking Care of Your Diabetes refresher class offers a general review or update of diabetes care for those who have not had a class about taking care of their diabetes for the past few years. It's also helpful for anyone trying to improve their blood sugar.
Class topics include:
- Blood sugar goals
- Concerns for long-term problems due to diabetes
- Pattern management (what affects your blood sugar)
- Diet review (carbohydrate balancing, insulin-to-carb ratio)
- Changes to exercise or physical movement habits
- Emotions and motivation